Great for a chocolate cake or a serious sugar binge, this recipe starts as a standard buttercream then adds melted semi-sweet chocolate chips.
16 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 sticks butter, room temp
2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Melt chocolate chips and let stand until cooled but not firm (2-3 hours)
- In large mixing bowl, cream butter with electric mixer on medium for 5 mins until creamy and light-colored.
- Add the sugar in 3 parts mixing on medium speed for 3 mins after each addition.
- Add the cooled, melted chocolate in 3 parts mixing in the same way.
- Mix in the vanilla extract.
- Frost your cake and enjoy! (After sampling, of course … just to make sure it’s edible.)
This is the Cockeyed Cake recipe modified to taste spicy and delicious.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease and flour cake pans.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 Tbsp baking cocoa
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/8 tsp ground cayenne pepper
Add then mix with electric mixer on medium speed for 3 mins:
- 2 cups water
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. white vinegar
Pour immediately into prepared cake pans and bake:
- 2 8×2″ round cake pans – 30-40 mins
- 3 8×1.5″ round cake pans – 25-35 mins
- 18 cupcakes – 25-30 mins
Frost with Valerie’s Amazing Chocolate Buttercream Frosting