16 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 sticks butter, room temp
2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Melt chocolate chips and let stand until cooled but not firm (2-3 hours)
- In large mixing bowl, cream butter with electric mixer on medium for 5 mins until creamy and light-colored.
- Add the sugar in 3 parts mixing on medium speed for 3 mins after each addition.
- Add the cooled, melted chocolate in 3 parts mixing in the same way.
- Mix in the vanilla extract.
- Frost your cake and enjoy! (After sampling, of course … just to make sure it’s edible.)