- 3 each – 15 ounce cans of beans (white, cannellini, garbanzo)
- 1/3 cup olive oil (more if you want more dressing)
- 1/3 cup green onion
- 3 tbsp. white wine vinegar (more if you want more dressing)
- 4 fat cloves of garlic finely minced
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped pepper (bell are good but you can use Anaheim and Passilla, yellow/Hungarian peppers)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup sliced green olives stuffed with pimentos
- 1 tsp. coarse ground or stone ground dijon mustard
- pepper to taste
Canned beans are usually salted so there’s really not a need to add salt. You may want to adjust the amount of vegetables to suit your tastes.
Awesome as a side dish, it goes great on top of green salad as well. Super-healthy as people in Blue Zones eat 1 cup of beans a day.
***NOTE: served with lengthwise wedges of hard boiled eggs!!!! This salad is best if it sits overnight and the flavors meld together!